Re: pgsql: Introduce replication progress tracking infrastructure.

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Introduce replication progress tracking infrastructure.
Date: 2015-04-30 04:56:08
Lists: pgsql-committers

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 2:37 AM, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:
> Introduce replication progress tracking infrastructure.
> [...]

Some comments about the docs:
1) "the the":
+ <entry>
+ Create a replication origin with the the passed in external
+ name, and create an internal id for it.
+ </entry>
+ </row>
2) Missing markup <type> for oid.
+ <entry>
+ Lookup replication origin by name and return the internal
+ oid. If no corresponding replication origin is found a error
+ is thrown.
+ </entry>
+ </row>
3) Perhaps "Check that a replication has been configured in the
current session" instead of using a question?
+ <entry>
+ Has a replication origin been configured in the current session?
+ </entry>
4) Missing markup <type> for oid?
+ Replication origins consist out of a name and a oid. The name, which
5) "will persist" or "will be persistent", not "will be persist" I guess.
+ If that's done replication progress will be persist in a crash safe
6) The use of "that, that" looks weird to me. There should be only one.
+ system to one other, another problem can be that, that it is hard to avoid

Regards,
--
Michael