Re: So, can we stop supporting Windows native now?

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Josh berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: So, can we stop supporting Windows native now?
Date: 2016-03-31 00:40:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 8:49 AM, Josh berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-and-canonical-partner-to-bring-ubuntu-to-windows-10/
>
> ... could be good news for us ...

Possible. We are years ahead of that for sure. Also the outcome of the
partnership, as well as the performance impact that there could be if
we rely on an extra application layer, aka the layer in charge of
transmitting POSIX-compliant calls to the Windows kernel, may be
costly and needs to be evaluated carefully.

1st of April is close by btw. That's not the best timing for credibility.
--
Michael