Re: libpq options

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: sahapasci(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq options
Date: 2017-11-22 14:36:34
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 10:27 PM, <sahapasci(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/libpq-connect.html
>
> The documentation refers the libpq connection option &quot;replication&quot; here in
> &quot;Streaming Replication Protocol&quot; page;
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/protocol-replication.html
>
> However the option &quot;replication&quot; is not clarified (or even listed) in libpq
> options page.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/libpq-connect.html#LIBPQ-PARAMKEYWORDS
>
> I searched the source and find that pg_conn struct has this
>
> struct pg_conn
> {
> char *replication; /* connect as the replication standby? */
> }
>
> Adding something simple like above and referring back to one of replication
> pages would be good I think.

Yeah, it is mainly a developer option which is why I guess it is not
documented. Like you, I think it should be added as part of the
connection parameter, and mentioned it a couple of days back:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB7nPqQAtKfG3H%2BuK11JNivtJtZYE9yVCrPuejRMjp8tUDe0nQ%40mail.gmail.com
--
Michael