Re: Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Karl O(dot) Pinc" <kop(at)meme(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Gilles Darold <gilles(dot)darold(at)dalibo(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function
Date: 2017-01-19 02:29:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 6:56 AM, Karl O. Pinc <kop(at)meme(dot)com> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 15:08:09 -0600
> "Karl O. Pinc" <kop(at)meme(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> I would like to see index entries for "current_logfiles"
>> so this stuff is findable.
>
> Attached is a v27 of the patch.
>
> I polished some of the sentences in the documentation
> and added index entries.
>
> Also attached are a series of 2 patches to apply on top
> of v27 which make symbols out of hardcoded constants.

+ <indexterm>
+ <primary>current_logfiles</primary>
+ <secondary>and the log_destination configuration parameter</secondary>
+ </indexterm>
I have been wondering about this portion a bit, and actually that's pretty nice.

So patch is marked as ready for committer, the version proposed here
not using SRFs per Gilles' input on the matter.
--
Michael