Re: Compiling C++ extensions on MSVC using scripts in src/tools

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Compiling C++ extensions on MSVC using scripts in src/tools
Date: 2014-11-27 04:39:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 1:40 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> This doesn't seem to me to be terribly well expressed (I know it's not your fault, quite possibly it's mine.) Perhaps we should replace
>> [r]?[cyl](pp)?
>> with
>> (c|cpp|y|l|rc)
>
> +1 ... the original coding is illegible already, not to mention wrong
> since it will match stuff it shouldn't.
Yes even the older code could find matches with ry or rl. Except that,
lpp and ypp could be present as well. OK, there are low chances to be
present in a Postgres extension (I don't have such extensions myself),
still they could. So I think that this expression should be written
like that instead:
(c|cpp|l|lpp|y|ypp|rc).
Updated patch is attached.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
20141127_msvc_cpp_v2.patch text/x-patch 1.6 KB