Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc
Date: 2016-03-04 06:54:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Michael Paquier
> Yeah, that's my first impression as well. We should not need any APIs
> changes and the changes would be limited to if extra blocks with
> _MSC_VER, if that would occur then I definitely agree that patching
> only HEAD is the way to go. I'll look at that today and the next
> couple of days, let's see what I can get out of it...

So, I have finally been able to set up my environment correctly, and I
am at a stage where I can compile Postgres with VS 2015 thanks to the
patch attached that extends src/tools/msvc to do so. Unsurprisingly,
the first failures detected are related to locales :)

I still need to dig into that in more details. For the time being the
patch attached is useful IMO to plug in VS 2015 with the existing
infrastructure. So if anybody has a Windows environment, feel free to
play with it and dig into those problems. I'll update this thread once
I have a more advanced status.
Regards,
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
vs-2015-support.patch application/x-patch 4.8 KB