Re: Enhance pg_stat_wal_receiver view to display connected host

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Enhance pg_stat_wal_receiver view to display connected host
Date: 2017-12-21 12:12:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 8:16 PM, Haribabu Kommi
<kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> The current connected host details are already available in the PGconn
> structure,
> Exposing those details in the view will suffice this requirement. Currently
> these
> members are characters pointers, I used them as it is and displayed them in
> the
> view as character arrays except the port number.
>
> Attached the draft patch. Any comments?

I agree that it would be nice to have an equivalent to
pg_stat_replication's client_addr, client_hostname, client_port on the
receiver side, particularly because it is possible to list multiple
hosts and ports. Could you add that to the next commit fest?

Please note that you need to update rules.out and the documentation
because of the new fields.
--
Michael