Re: pg_rewind and log messages

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_rewind and log messages
Date: 2015-04-06 08:33:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 1:41 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I guess that you are working on a patch? If not, you are looking for one?

Code-speaking, this gives the patch attached. I eliminated a bunch of
newlines in the log messages that seemed really unnecessary to me,
simplifying a bit the whole. While hacking this stuff, I noticed as
well that pg_rewind could be called as root on non-Windows platform,
that's dangerous from a security point of view as process manipulates
files in PGDATA. Hence let's block that. On Windows, a restricted
token should be used.
Regards,
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Fix-inconsistent-error-and-process-handling-in-pg_re.patch text/x-patch 35.1 KB