Re: [HACKERS] compress method for spgist - 2

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Nikita Glukhov <n(dot)gluhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>, Darafei Komяpa Praliaskouski <me(at)komzpa(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Fedor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] compress method for spgist - 2
Date: 2017-11-30 02:31:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 9:03 AM, Nikita Glukhov <n(dot)gluhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:
> Should I start a separate thread for this issue and add patches to
> commitfest?

Yes, please. It would be nice if you could spawn a separate thread for
what looks like a bug, and separate topics should have their own
thread. This will attract more attention from other hackers as this is
unrelated to this thread. Adding an entry in the CF app under the
category "Bug Fix" also avoids losing any items worth fixing.

I can see as well that the patches posted at the beginning of the
thread got reviews but that those did not get answered. The set of
patches also have conflicts with HEAD so they need a rebase. For those
reasons I am marking this entry as returned with feedback.
--
Michael