Re: [BUG] pg_basebackup from disconnected standby fails

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [BUG] pg_basebackup from disconnected standby fails
Date: 2016-10-27 04:32:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 6:13 PM, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> If my understanding is right, then the changes proposed by you as
> below is not what is intended here. I think you need to do something
> as I have mentioned above.

Ah OK I have spotted the subtility;
- 0 means update minRecoveryPoint to the LSN *passed* by the caller
- 1 means update minRecoveryPoint to the *latest replayed* LSN and not
the one of the caller
But if we do so that would mean an extra update of the control file
for nothing in CreateRestartPoint(), and that serves nothing.
--
Michael