Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum WIP

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire(at)gmail(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum WIP
Date: 2017-11-30 02:09:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 5:54 AM, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Yeah, I was thinking the commit is relevant with this issue but as
> Amit mentioned this error is emitted by DROP SCHEMA CASCASE.
> I don't find out the cause of this issue yet. With the previous
> version patch, autovacuum workers were woking with one parallel worker
> but it never drops relations. So it's possible that the error might
> not have been relevant with the patch but anywayI'll continue to work
> on that.

This depends on the extension lock patch from
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAD21AoCmT3cFQUN4aVvzy5chw7DuzXrJCbrjTU05B+Ss=Gn1LA(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com/
if I am following correctly. So I propose to mark this patch as
returned with feedback for now, and come back to it once the root
problems are addressed. Feel free to correct me if you think that's
not adapted.
--
Michael