Re: [HACKERS] GnuTLS support

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] GnuTLS support
Date: 2017-11-27 01:20:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se> wrote:
> The script for the windows version takes the
> --with-openssl=<path> switch so that cannot just be translated to a single
> --with-ssl switch. Should to have both --with-openssl and --with-gnutls or
> --with-ssl=(openssl|gnutls) and --with-ssl-path=<path>? I also do not know
> the Windows build code very well (or really at all).

By default --with-openssl does not take a path with ./configure. When
using gnutls, do the name of the libraries and the binaries generated
change compared to openssl? If yes, and I guess that it is the case,
you will need to be able to make the difference between gnutls and
openssl anyway as the set of perl scripts in src/tools/msvc need to
make the difference with deliverables at name-level. I would be
personally fine with just listing gnutls in the list of options and
comment it as --with-ssl=<path>, and change the openssl comment to
match that.
--
Michael