Re: Shaky coding for vacuuming partitioned relations

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Shaky coding for vacuuming partitioned relations
Date: 2017-09-25 11:22:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 7:57 PM, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> FWIW, the same thing can happen when specifying an invalid replication
> origin name to pg_replication_origin_advance() and
> pg_replication_origin_progress(). These probably should fixed as well.

I have spawned a thread about that stuff three weeks ago:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB7nPqQtPg%2BLKKtzdKN26judHcvPZ0s1gNigzOT4j8CYuuuBYg%40mail.gmail.com
With a patch registered where it should be:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/15/1290/
So I would suggest to keep the discussions about this problem in its own thread.

(Bonus: ALTER TABLE queries in parallel with multiple sessions and
enjoy the result)
--
Michael