Re: pg_ctl/pg_rewind tests vs. slow AIX buildfarm members

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: pg_ctl/pg_rewind tests vs. slow AIX buildfarm members
Date: 2015-10-07 07:07:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 9:12 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> So the attached modified patch adjusts the PID-match logic and some
> comments, but is otherwise what I posted before. I believe that this
> might actually work on Windows, but I have no way to test it. Someone
> please try that? (Don't forget to test the service-start path, too.)

If "pg_ctl start" is invoked directly from a command prompt, it works.
Now, if I run "pg_ctl start" within a script (in an msysgit
environment for example), pg_ctl fails, complaining that
postmaster.pid already exists. The TAP tests get broken as well,
attached are the log files of the run, and here is an interested bit:
# Running: pg_ctl start -D
C:\Users\ioltas\git\postgres\src\bin\pg_ctl\tmp_testor2K/data -w
waiting for server to start... stopped waiting
not ok 12 - pg_ctl start -w
# Failed test 'pg_ctl start -w'
# at C:/Users/ioltas/git/postgres/src/test/perl/TestLib.pm line 282.
# Running: pg_ctl start -D
C:\Users\ioltas\git\postgres\src\bin\pg_ctl\tmp_testor2K/data -w
waiting for server to start...FATAL: lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists
HINT: Is another postmaster (PID 4040) running in data directory
"C:/Users/ioltas/git/postgres/src/bin/pg_ctl/tmp_testor2K/data"?
LOG: database system was shut down at 2015-10-06 23:58:02 PDT
LOG: MultiXact member wraparound protections are now enabled
FATAL: the database system is starting up
LOG: database system is ready to accept connections
LOG: autovacuum launcher started
stopped waiting
Registering a service to the SCM works, but the service registered
refuses to start.
Regards,
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
regress_log_001_start_stop application/octet-stream 5.2 KB
regress_log_002_status application/octet-stream 2.9 KB