Re: pgbench -f and vacuum

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench -f and vacuum
Date: 2015-02-10 07:16:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Agreed. Here is the patch to implement the idea: -f just implies -n.

Some small comments:
- is_no_vacuum, as well as is_init_mode, are defined as an integers
but their use imply that they are boolean switches. This patch sets
is_no_vacuum to true, while the rest of the code actually increment
its value when -n is used. Why not simply changing both flags as
booleans? My suggestion is not really related to this patch and purely
cosmetic but we could change things at the same time, or update your
patch to increment to is_no_vacuum++ when -f is used.
- The documentation misses some markups for pgbench and VACUUM and did
not respect the 80-character limit.
Attached is an updated patch with those things changed.
Regards,
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
20150210_pgbench_imply.patch text/x-patch 2.7 KB