Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Subject: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Date: 2015-08-14 03:32:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 12:54 AM, Michael Paquier
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 10:11 PM, Michael Paquier
>> On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 1:59 PM, Michael Paquier
>> <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>>> Feedback is of course welcome, but note that I am not seriously
>>> expecting any until we get into 9.6 development cycle and I am adding
>>> this patch to the next CF.
>> I have moved this patch to CF 2015-09, as I have enough patches to
>> take care of for now... Let's focus on Windows support and improvement
>> of logging for TAP in the first round. That will be already a good
>> step forward.
> OK, attached is a new version of this patch, that I have largely
> reworked to have more user-friendly routines for the tests. The number
> of tests is still limited still it shows what this facility can do:
> that's on purpose as it does not make much sense to code a complete
> and complicated set of tests as long as the core routines are not
> stable, hence let's focus on that first.
> I have not done yet tests on Windows, I am expecting some tricks
> needed for the archive and recovery commands generated for the tests.

Attached is v3. I have tested and fixed the tests such as they can run
on Windows. archive_command and restore_command are using Windows'
copy when needed. There was also a bug with the use of a hot standby
instead of a warm one, causing test 002 to fail.
I am rather happy with the shape of this patch now, so feel free to review it...