Re: Moving RestoreBlockImage from xlogreader.c to xlogutils.c

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Moving RestoreBlockImage from xlogreader.c to xlogutils.c
Date: 2014-12-24 23:52:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 10:51 PM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Fair enough. Anyway I wait for applying the patch which moves pg_lzcompress.c
> until we will have reached any consensus about this.
Just to be clear (after sleeping on it), we still need pglz stuff in
src/common to offer to the frontends the possibility to uncompress
block data. My point is simply that we should only provide in the xlog
reader facility enough data to do operations on them, but not directly
APIs to operate them. So ISTM that you could still push the patch to
have pglz in common library to clear the way, and let's use this
thread to discuss if we want the API to rebuild blocks in the reader
facility or not.
--
Michael