Re: Commit fest 2017-11

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>
Subject: Re: Commit fest 2017-11
Date: 2017-11-30 22:59:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 12:44 AM, Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se> wrote:
> On 11/30/2017 05:51 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:> One thing that could be
> improved in my
>>
>> opinion is that patch authors should try more to move a patch to a
>> following commit fest once the end gets close...This would leverage
>> slightly the load of work for the CFM.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. I had no idea that I could do that.

As a patch author, you have the right to decide what you are yourself
planning to do with your own baby :)

When the commit fest comes close to the end, I always try to deal with
my own patches first. If the discussion has stalled or that based on
the feedback a given thing is going to require more efforts than I
initially planned so it is not possible to spend more time on
something in the close future, I mark my own entries as returned with
feedback. If I am still planning to work on something in the close
future, then I move them to the next CF. This makes less work for the
CFM which has less patches to deal with at the end. Mentioning what
you do on the patch thread with the so-said CF entry is also something
worth doing in my opinion to keep a track of what you did. When
multiple authors and/or reviewers are involved, it is sometimes good
to post your intention before doing it some time ahead.
--
Michael