Urgent help required

From: Nagaraj Shindagi <nagaraj(dot)shindagi(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Urgent help required
Date: 2012-04-19 17:47:38
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi team,

i am nagaraj, i am newbi in this database world. i required your help.
2 dyas back i formatted one of my client system. which is having postgresql
8.2 database & that was having data. but i am not taken backup of the data.
1) how to take the data from the formatted harddisk. ?
2) how many folders or files will be their at base folder. When we install
postgresql 8.2?
3) how to identify which folder contain which file. ?

Please help it is very urgent.
thanks and regards

--
Nagaraj V Shindagi