Plans for GEOS 3.9 packaging?

From: Andreas Neumann <andreas(at)qgis(dot)org>
To: pgsql-pkg-debian(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Plans for GEOS 3.9 packaging?
Date: 2021-04-08 16:15:10
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian

Hi,

I was wondering if you have plans to package GEOS 3.9.x together with
Postgis 3.1 during the year 2021?

In my day job I would need to use some new Postgis 3.1 functions that are
only available if Postgis was compiled against GEOS 3.9.x, such as
https://postgis.net/docs/ST_MaximumInscribedCircle.html - and we would also
like to use the new gridSize parameters for limited accuracy in the Overlay
functions. Those are also only available if Postgis was compiled against
GEOS 3.9

Our sysadmins only want to install official Debian and PGDG-Repo packages.
We have plans to update our DB in November or December 2021 and it would be
great if GEOS 3.9.x would be available in the PGDG-Repo then?

Thank you for your reply,
Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann