Re: PATCH: Don't downcase filepath/filename while loading libraries

From: QL Zhuo <zhuo(dot)dev(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PATCH: Don't downcase filepath/filename while loading libraries
Date: 2017-06-16 04:43:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"That's fourteen years without complains", so maybe not to back-patch is
good choice, until someone complains this :)

And, the attached new patch fixes the memory leaks.

--
This email address (zhuo.dev<at>gmail.com) is only for development affairs,
e.g. mail list, please mail to zhuo<at>hexoasis.com or zhuoql<at>zoho.com

ZHUO QL (KDr2), http://kdr2.com

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 12:27 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> > On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 1:01 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> >> (2) My inclination would be not to back-patch. This change could break
> >> configurations that worked before, and the lack of prior complaints
> >> says that not many people are having a problem with it.
>
> > That's fourteen years without complains, still I cannot imagine any
> > cases where it would be a problem as people who would have faced this
> > problem but not reported it have likely just enforced the FS to handle
> > case-insensitivity for paths.
>
> Well, it's not just about case sensitivity. The comment for
> SplitDirectoriesString points out that it deals with embedded spaces
> differently, and it also applies canonicalize_path(). I'm too tired
> to think hard about what that part might mean for compatibility, but
> it probably isn't nothing.
>
> Anyway, I agree that this is an appropriate change for HEAD. Just
> not convinced that we should shove it into minor releases.
>
> regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Don-t-downcase-filepath-in-load_libraries.patch application/octet-stream 1.2 KB