Re: Set search_path + server-prepared statements = cached plan must not change result type

From: Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov(dot)vladimir(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Set search_path + server-prepared statements = cached plan must not change result type
Date: 2016-01-20 15:23:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I believe, and the conclusion was that
>if you think you need this, you're doing it wrong

So what is the recommended approach to use server-prepared statements
at the client side (I mean at JDBC driver side)?

Currently "prepare, switch search_path, execute" leads to "cached plan
must not change result type" error.
Can one expect the issue to be fixed in subsequent 8.4, 8.5, ..., 9.5 versions?

Vladimir