Re: Re: JDBC and the hstore ? operator - no longer working with build 1211

From: Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov(dot)vladimir(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, Mark Rotteveel <mark(at)lawinegevaar(dot)nl>
Subject: Re: Re: JDBC and the hstore ? operator - no longer working with build 1211
Date: 2017-03-02 19:04:34
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Mark>I haven't tried it, but would you logically need to use ??& and ??|, if
the ? operator is escaped using ??

That's right.
PreparedStatement requires ? to be represented as ?? (that is pgjdbc's
quirk).
Regular statement (non prepared) does not require ?? escaping.

pgjdbc does not parse statements hard enough to tell if the particular ? is
a bind variable or if it is a part of json operator.
Pull requests are welcome (provided parsing does not take too much CPU)

Vladimir