Re: what could cause postgres to crash?

From: Sandeep Gupta <gupta(dot)sandeep(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: what could cause postgres to crash?
Date: 2013-11-09 19:33:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear Scott,

Thanks for the input. I doubt that the system has any scripts to kill idle
connections but I would double check that. There are two difficulty in
tracing
and fixing this: 1) The crash is predictable and 2) Can find any killed in
the kernel log files.

There are few materials on the net which tell how to fix this problem. But
first would be good to confirm that it is OOM and, if not, then what
exactly is causing this to happen.

-Sandeep