Re: ERREUR: cache lookup failed for function 0 with PostgreSQL 15 beta 2, no error with PostgreSQL 14.4

From: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Phil Florent <philflorent(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ERREUR: cache lookup failed for function 0 with PostgreSQL 15 beta 2, no error with PostgreSQL 14.4
Date: 2022-08-04 22:21:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 5 Aug 2022 at 01:20, Phil Florent <philflorent(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:
> with fakedata as (
> select 'hello' word
> union all
> select 'world' word
> )
> select *
> from (
> select word, count(*) over (partition by word) nb from fakedata
> ) t where nb = 1;
> ERREUR: cache lookup failed for function 0

> A DSS developer from my company, Julien Roze, reported me an error I cannot explained. Is it a new behavior or a bug ?

Thank you for the report and the minimal self-contained test case.
That's highly useful for us.

I've now committed a fix for this ([1]). It will appear in the next
beta release for PG15.

David

[1] https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=270eb4b5d4986534f2d522ebb19f67396d13cf44