Re: Fix typos and inconsistencies for v16

From: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fix typos and inconsistencies for v16
Date: 2023-04-20 22:49:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 19 Apr 2023 at 07:00, Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> please look at the similar list for v15+ (596b5af1d..HEAD).

I've now pushed most of these but didn't include the following ones:

> 3. BufFileOpenShared -> BufFileOpenFileSet // see dcac5e7ac

Maybe I need to spend longer, but I just didn't believe the command
that claimed that "BufFiles opened using BufFileOpenFileSet() are
read-only by definition". Looking at the code for that, it seems to
depend on if O_RDONLY is included in the mode flags.

> 19. multidimensional-aware -> multidimension-aware // sync with gistbuild.c

I didn't change this as I didn't think it was an improvement. I'd
probably have written "multidimensionally aware", but I didn't feel
strongly enough to want to change it.

David