Re: Fixup some appendStringInfo and appendPQExpBuffer calls

From: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fixup some appendStringInfo and appendPQExpBuffer calls
Date: 2021-06-03 06:51:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 at 16:17, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> > There are quite a few other places in that file that should be using
> > DatumGetCString() instead of DatumGetPointer().
> > Should we fix those too for PG14?
>
> +1. I'm surprised we are not getting compiler warnings.

I've attached a patch to fix those.

I did end up getting in a little deeper than I'd have liked as I also
found a few typos along the way.

Also, going by my calendar, the copyright year was incorrect.

Tomas, any chance you could look over this? I didn't really take the
time to understand the code, so some of my comment adjustments might
be incorrect.

David

Attachment Content-Type Size
brin_minmax_multi_cleanup.patch application/octet-stream 20.6 KB