Re: Typo in README.barrier

From: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Typo in README.barrier
Date: 2021-05-17 00:19:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 17 May 2021 at 01:29, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
> Yes, we'd better to fix them. Attached is a propsal for these.

Thanks for working on that. I had a look and wondered if it might be
better to go into slightly less details about the exact atomic
function to use. The wording there might lead you to believe you can
just call the atomic function on the non-atomic variable.

It might be best just to leave the details about how exactly to use
atomics by just referencing port/atomics.h.

Maybe something like the attached?

I'm also a bit on the fence if this should be backpatched or not. The
reasons though maybe not is that it seems unlikely maybe people would
not be working in master if they're developing something new. On the
other side of the argument, 0ccebe779, which adjusts another README
was backpatched. I'm leaning towards backpatching.

David

Attachment Content-Type Size
README.barrier_v3.patch application/octet-stream 2.2 KB