Re: Differential code coverage between 16 and HEAD

From: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Differential code coverage between 16 and HEAD
Date: 2024-04-15 22:26:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 15 Apr 2024 at 10:33, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:
> - The new bump allocator has a fair amount of uncovered functionality:
> https://anarazel.de/postgres/cov/16-vs-HEAD-2024-04-14/src/backend/utils/mmgr/bump.c.gcov.html#L293

The attached adds a test to tuplesort to exercise BumpAllocLarge()

> https://anarazel.de/postgres/cov/16-vs-HEAD-2024-04-14/src/backend/utils/mmgr/bump.c.gcov.html#L613

I don't see a way to exercise those. They're meant to be "can't
happen" ERRORs. I could delete them and use BogusFree, BogusRealloc,
BogusGetChunkContext, BogusGetChunkSpace instead, but the ERROR
message would be misleading. I think it's best just to leave this.

David

Attachment Content-Type Size
BumpAllocLarge_test.patch text/plain 1.3 KB