Re: Fix possible bogus array out of bonds (src/backend/access/brin/brin_minmax_multi.c)

From: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ranier Vilela <ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fix possible bogus array out of bonds (src/backend/access/brin/brin_minmax_multi.c)
Date: 2022-09-06 20:59:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 6 Sept 2022 at 23:25, Ranier Vilela <ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> But first, I would like to continue with this correction of using strings.
> In the following cases:
> fprintf -> fputs -> fputc
> printf -> puts -> putchar
>
> There are many occurrences, do you think it would be worth the effort?

I'm pretty unexcited about that. Quite a bit of churn and adding
another precedent that we currently have no good way to enforce or
maintain.

In addition to that, puts() is a fairly seldom used function, which
perhaps is because it's a bit quirky and appends a \n to the end of
the string. I'm just imagining all the bugs where we append an extra
newline. But, feel free to open another thread about it and see if you
can drum up any support.

David