Re: enable_resultcache confusion

From: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: enable_resultcache confusion
Date: 2021-07-11 23:47:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 at 03:22, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com> wrote:
> | This is useful if only a small percentage of rows is checked on
> | the inner side and is controlled by <xref
> | linkend="guc-enable-resultcache"/>.

You might be right there, but I'm not too sure if I changed that that
it might cause a mention of the rename to be missed in the changes
since beta2 notes.

Additionally, I was unsure about touching typedefs.list. In the patch
I changed it, but wasn't too sure if that was the correct thing to do.
In normal circumstances, i.e writing new code, I'd not touch it.

David