Re: Pre-proposal: unicode normalized text

From: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pre-proposal: unicode normalized text
Date: 2023-11-03 08:01:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 3 Nov 2023 at 20:49, Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2023-11-03 at 10:51 +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> > bowerbird and hammerkop didn't like commit a02b37fc. They're still
> > using the old 3rd build system that is not tested by CI. It's due
> > for
> > removal in the 17 cycle IIUC but in the meantime I guess the new
> > codegen script needs to be invoked by something under src/tools/msvc?
> >
> > varlena.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> > unicode_category referenced in function unicode_assigned
> > [H:\\prog\\bf\\root\\HEAD\\pgsql.build\\postgres.vcxproj]
>
> I think I just need to add unicode_category.c to @pgcommonallfiles in
> Mkvcbuild.pm. I'll do a trial commit tomorrow and see if that fixes it
> unless someone has a better suggestion.

(I didn't realise this was being discussed.)

Thomas mentioned this to me earlier today. After looking I also
concluded that unicode_category.c needed to be added to
@pgcommonallfiles. After looking at the time, I didn't expect you to
be around so opted just to push that to fix the MSVC buildfarm
members.

Sorry for the duplicate effort and/or stepping on your toes.

David