Re: Combining Aggregates

From: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Kouhei Kaigai <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Combining Aggregates
Date: 2015-03-30 05:08:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 18 December 2014 at 02:48, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> David, if you can update your patch with some docs to explain the
> behaviour, it looks complete enough to think about committing it in
> early January, to allow other patches that depend upon it to stand a
> chance of getting into 9.5. (It is not yet ready, but I see it could
> be).

I've been thinking of bumping this patch to the June commitfest as the
patch only exists to provide the basic infrastructure for things like
parallel aggregation, aggregate before join, and perhaps auto updating
materialised views.

It seems unlikely that any of those things will happen for 9.5.
Does anybody object to me moving this to June's commitfest?

Regards

David Rowley