Re: Windows crash / abort handling

From: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Craig Ringer <craig(dot)ringer(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Windows crash / abort handling
Date: 2022-02-04 03:21:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 3 Feb 2022 at 15:38, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:
> I've pushed the patch this thread is about now. Lets see what the buildfarm
> says. I only could one windows version. Separately I've also pushed a patch
> to run the windows tests under a timeout. I hope in combination these patches
> address the hangs.

I tried this out today on a windows machine I have here. I added some
code to trigger an Assert failure and the options of attaching a
debugger work well. Tested both from running the regression tests and
running a query manually with psql.

Tested on Windows 8.1 with VS2017.

Thanks for working on this.

David