Re: How to implement read operations for my own access method?

From: Andrey Borodin <amborodin86(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "jacktby(at)gmail(dot)com" <jacktby(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to implement read operations for my own access method?
Date: 2023-02-04 20:44:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Feb 4, 2023 at 12:59 AM jacktby(at)gmail(dot)com <jacktby(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,I'm trying to implement my own access method. But I find the functions baout read is difficult.
> Can you give me an existed easy extension that impelment the tableamroutine to reference? I ho[e
> it's not complicated like heap_am,and it support insert sqls and select sqls.Thanks

Hi Jack,

I'd recommend first to start from official documentation on index
access methods [0].
Please also check the contrib/bloom module [1]. It is designed to
showcase index-as-extension technology.
Also, you can see my free lectures about details of implementation of
built-in access methods [2]. Also, I can offer you my PGCon talk
"Index DIY" about forking GiST into extension [3].

Thank you!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.
[0] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/xindex.html
[1] https://github.com/postgres/postgres/tree/REL_15_STABLE/contrib/bloom