Re: 9.3 Beta1 status report

From: Dmitriy Igrishin <dmitigr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 9.3 Beta1 status report
Date: 2013-05-17 13:54:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2013/4/21 Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>

> I am not sure if Tom shared yet, but we are planning to package 9.3
> beta1 on April 29, with a release on May 2. Those dates might change,
> but that is the current plan. I have completed a draft 9.3 release
> notes, which you can view here:
>
> http://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-9-3.html
>
> I will be working on polishing them for the next ten days, so any
> feedback, patches, or commits are welcome. I still need to add lots of
> SGML markup.
>
> --
> Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> http://momjian.us
> EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com
>
> + It's impossible for everything to be true. +
>

> --

I've noticed a small inaccuracy:

E.1.3.4 Object Manipulation
[...]

"This allows C functions to be called when DDL commands are run."

But according to
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/event-triggers.html
not only C functions can be called in this case, but functions of
"any procedural language that includes event trigger support, or in C".

--
// Dmitriy.