Re: pg_prepared_statements

From: Dmitry Igrishin <dmitigr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_prepared_statements
Date: 2016-06-03 06:38:16
Lists: pgsql-docs

> On 6/2/16 1:59 AM, Dmitry Igrishin wrote:
>>
>> I suggest to use phrase "the PREPARE SQL command" at
>>
>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/view-pg-prepared-statements.html
>> Thus, I would replace:
>>
>> "For prepared statements created via SQL, this is the PREPARE
>> statement submitted by the client. For prepared statements created via
>> the frontend/backend protocol, this is the text of the prepared
>> statement itself."
>> "For prepared statements created via SQL, this is the PREPARE SQL
>> command submitted by the client. For prepared statements created via
>> the frontend/backend protocol, this is the statement itself."
>>
>> "true if the prepared statement was created via the PREPARE SQL statement"
>> "true if the prepared statement was created via the PREPARE SQL command"
>

> I'm not sure why that is better. "statement" is the standard term in these
> contexts.
According to https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-prepare.html
"statement" is a text of statement without "PREPARE". So, the phrase
"PREPARE statement"
not absolutely clear.
And according to
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-commands.html
the PREPARE is a SQL command, rather than SQL statement.