Re: Tracing in Postgres

From: Harshitha S <hershetha(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tracing in Postgres
Date: 2011-07-25 04:59:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I want to retain all the error messages, error report that is used by
Postgres.
I don't intend to log any information extra other than what is provided by
Postgres.
But I just want to replace the implementation of the logging/tracing in
Postgres, so that the existing messages can be redirected to a file, a USB
etc., There is an existing tracing frameworkfor this,I intend to use the API
s provided by this framework.

Regards,
Harshitha