Database Integrity

From: JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database Integrity
Date: 2011-11-18 19:32:03
Lists: pgsql-novice

I need to delete several records from a table so my query is composed of a
DELETE command with a condition, something like the following:

DELETE FROM tblTable WHERE field1 = something

Do I need to use a transaction in an operation like this to be sure the
database remains integral in case of an error?

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado