Server Timezone

From: Robert DiFalco <robert(dot)difalco(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Server Timezone
Date: 2014-04-08 03:46:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there any way to set the timezone of the postgres server differently
than the OS? I *have* tried setting timezone = 'UTC' in my postgresql.conf
file but that seems to be a VIEW of time zone. It doesn't seem to behave
the same as running a postgresql server on a machine that is in UTC. The
machine I tried this setting on was a MAC machine running in the
America/Los_Angeles time zone.

Thanks!