Re: Support tls-exporter as channel binding for TLSv1.3

From: Jacob Champion <jchampion(at)timescale(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Support tls-exporter as channel binding for TLSv1.3
Date: 2022-09-19 16:27:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 10:03 AM Jacob Champion <jchampion(at)timescale(dot)com> wrote:
> Yeah, that should be fine. Requiring newer OpenSSLs for stronger
> crypto will probably be uncontroversial.

While looking into this I noticed that I left the following code in place:

> #ifdef HAVE_BE_TLS_GET_CERTIFICATE_HASH
> if (strcmp(selected_mech, SCRAM_SHA_256_PLUS_NAME) == 0 && port->ssl_in_use)

In other words, we're still deciding whether to advertise -PLUS based
only on whether we support tls-server-end-point. Maybe all the
necessary features landed in OpenSSL in the same version, but I
haven't double-checked that, and in any case I think I need to make
this code more correct in the next version of this patch.

--Jacob