Re: Docs: Encourage strong server verification with SCRAM

From: Jacob Champion <jchampion(at)timescale(dot)com>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Subject: Re: Docs: Encourage strong server verification with SCRAM
Date: 2023-05-25 19:27:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, May 25, 2023 at 10:48 AM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
> Overall, +1 to tightening the language around the docs in this area.
>
> However, to paraphrase Stephen, I think the language, as currently
> written, makes the problem sound scarier than it actually is, and I
> agree that we should just inline it above.

How does v2 look? I more or less divided the current text into a local
section and a network section. (I'm still not clear on where in the
current text you're wanting me to inline a sudden aside on SCRAM; it
doesn't really seem to fit in any of the existing paragraphs.)

--Jacob

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-docs-encourage-strong-server-verification-with-SC.patch text/x-patch 1.8 KB