Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance

From: Nguyễn Trần Quốc Vinh <ntquocvinh(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adam Brusselback <adambrusselback(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: denty <denty(at)qqdd(dot)eu>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance
Date: 2019-01-01 07:46:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear all,

We have some result on incremental update for MVs. We generate triggers on
C to do the incremental maintenance. We posted the code to github about 1
year ago, but unfortunately i posted a not-right ctrigger.h header. The
mistake was exposed to me when a person could not compile the generated
triggers and reported to me. And now i re-posted with the right ctrigger.h
file.

You can find the codes of the generator here:
https://github.com/ntqvinh/PgMvIncrementalUpdate/commits/master. You can
find how did we do here:
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1134/S0361768816050066. The paper is
about generating of codes in pl/pgsql. Anyway i see it is useful for
reading the codes. I don't know if i can share the paper or not so that i
don't publish anywhere else. The text about how to generate triggers in C
was published with open-access but unfortunately, it is in Vietnamese.

We are happy if the codes are useful for someone.

Thank you and best regards,

NTQ Vinh

TS. Nguyễn Trần Quốc Vinh
Chủ nhiệm khoa Tin học