duplicate key errors when restoring 8.4.0 database dump into 9.1.2

From: Culley Harrelson <harrelson(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgresql-General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: duplicate key errors when restoring 8.4.0 database dump into 9.1.2
Date: 2011-12-30 14:32:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello I am trying to migrate a database from 8.4.0 to 9.1.2 on a test
server before updating the production server. When piping the dump file
created with pg_dump in psql I am getting duplicate key errors and the
primary keys on several large tables do not get created. I have read all
the migration notes and do not see anything specific other than a pg_dump
restore is required. Any clues for me?

Thanks,

culley