Re: WSL (windows subsystem on linux) users will need to turn fsync off as of 11.2

From: James Sewell <james(dot)sewell(at)jirotech(dot)com>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Ravi Krishna <srkrishna(at)yahoo(dot)com>, "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WSL (windows subsystem on linux) users will need to turn fsync off as of 11.2
Date: 2019-02-19 04:16:19
Lists: pgsql-general

> Here's a starter patch that shows one of the approaches discussed. It
> gets WSL users to a better place than they were before, by suppressing
> further warnings after the first one.

This wasn't quite right, updated to check erro for ENOSYS (not rc)

This compiles and stops the panic on WSL (with a single warning).

I haven't tested if a version compiled on Linux will behave the same way -
but based on the error messages in the top post it looks like the behavior
is the same.

--
James

--
The contents of this email are confidential and may be subject to legal or
professional privilege and copyright. No representation is made that this

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Tolerate-ENOSYS-failure-from-sync_file_range-v2.patch application/x-patch 2.0 KB