Small omission in type_sanity.sql

From: Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Small omission in type_sanity.sql
Date: 2023-01-18 19:51:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I was playing around with splitting up the tablespace test in regress so
that I could use the tablespaces it creates in another test and happened
to notice that the pg_class validity checks in type_sanity.sql are
incomplete.

It seems that 8b08f7d4820fd did not update the pg_class tests in
type_sanity to include partitioned indexes and tables.

patch attached.
I only changed these few lines in type_sanity to be more correct; I
didn't change anything else in regress to actually exercise them (e.g.
ensuring a partitioned table is around when running type_sanity). It
might be worth moving type_sanity down in the parallel schedule?

It does seem a bit hard to remember to update these tests in
type_sanity.sql when adding some new value for a pg_class field. I
wonder if there is a better way of testing this.

- Melanie

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-Update-pg_class-validity-test.patch text/x-patch 5.0 KB