Re: Hash Functions

From: amul sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>, Yugo Nagata <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: Hash Functions
Date: 2017-09-08 07:48:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 8:01 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 8:40 AM, amul sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > Fixed in the attached version.
>
> I fixed these up a bit and committed them. Thanks.
>
> I think this takes care of adding not only the infrastructure but
> support for all the core data types, but I'm not quite sure how to
> handle upgrading types in contrib. It looks like citext, hstore, and
> several data types provided by isn have hash opclasses, and I think
> that there's no syntax for adding a support function to an existing
> opclass. We could add that, but I'm not sure how safe it would be.
>
> TBH, I really don't care much about fixing isn, but it seems like
> fixing citext and hstore would be worthwhile.

Attached patch proposes the fix for the citext and hstore contrib.

To make it easy to understand I've split these patch in two part. 0001 adds
a new file for the contrib upgrade & renames an existing file to the higher
version, and 0002 is the actual implementation of extended hash function for
that contrib's data type.

Regards,
Amul

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-hstore-File-renaming-v1.patch application/octet-stream 30.4 KB
0002-hstore-add-extended-hash-function-v1.patch application/octet-stream 5.5 KB
0001-citext-File-renaming-v1.patch application/octet-stream 29.7 KB
0002-citext-add-extended-hash-function-v1.patch application/octet-stream 6.5 KB