Re: retire MemoryContextResetAndDeleteChildren backwards compatibility macro

From: Amul Sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: retire MemoryContextResetAndDeleteChildren backwards compatibility macro
Date: 2023-11-16 06:07:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 9:26 PM Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 09:27:18AM +0530, Amul Sul wrote:
> > Nevermind, I usually use git apply or git am, here are those errors:
> >
> > PG/ - (master) $ git apply
> ~/Downloads/retire_compatibility_macro_v1.patch
> > error: patch failed: src/backend/access/brin/brin.c:297
> > error: src/backend/access/brin/brin.c: patch does not apply
>
> I wonder if your mail client is modifying the patch. Do you have the same
> issue if you download it from the archives?

Yes, you are correct. Surprisingly, the archive version applied cleanly.

Gmail is doing something, I usually use web login on chrome browser, I
never
faced such issues with other's patches. Anyway, will try both the versions
next
time for the same kind of issue, sorry for the noise.

Regards,
Amul