Re: BUG #14611: Black screen when launching pgadmin4

From: John McKown <john(dot)archie(dot)mckown(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: david(dot)ung(at)fr(dot)abnamro(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #14611: Black screen when launching pgadmin4
Date: 2017-04-03 16:04:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 10:42 AM, <david(dot)ung(at)fr(dot)abnamro(dot)com> wrote:

> Bug reference: 14611
> Logged by: UNG David
> Email address: david(dot)ung(at)fr(dot)abnamro(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.6.2
> Operating system: Windows server 2008R2
>
> Hello,
>
> I have an issue when I launch pgadmin tool. In fact, I have a black screen
> when the pgadmin is opened and I do not see anything in the window.
>
> So I have try to install the old version 9.5.6 and I can manage the
> databases.
>
> Do you know what is the bug in version 9.6.2?
>
> Thanks for your help.

​First, and major point, PgAdmin is _NOT_ a part of PostgreSQL. It is a 3rd
party application written by a different set of developers. It is supported
by them, not the PostgreSQL people.

Perhaps more helpful would be if you were to say what version of PgAdmin
you are running. The latesrt is PgAdmin 4 version 1.3. It is said to work
with PostgreSQL 9.6 and above. You may need to upgrade to this version of
PgAdmin.
https://www.pgadmin.org/

--
"Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is
ancient. It's called 'rain'." -- Michael McClary, in alt.fusion

Maranatha! <><
John McKown