Re: PostgreSQL-9.0 Monitoring System to improve performance

From: Bobby Dewitt <Bdewitt(at)appriss(dot)com>
To: Gregg Jaskiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com>, Venkat Balaji <venkat(dot)balaji(at)verse(dot)in>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PGSQL Performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL-9.0 Monitoring System to improve performance
Date: 2011-09-30 21:29:06
Lists: pgsql-performance

EnterpriseDB now has Postgres Enterprise Manager
(http://enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/products/postgres-enter
prise-manager) that has some of the information that is being asked for.
It has a hot table analysis report that shows the number of scans, rows
read, etc. Since much of the tool is using the pgAdmin code base, much of
this is also available in pgAdmin but PEM will track the statistics at
given intervals and show you trending graphs over time. It's still a very
new tool so I'm sure they are working to add new features and have been
looking for enhancement suggestions. Of course, it requires a service
contract with them to use the tool, but it doesn't cost extra to add the
tool if you already have a contract with them. It does have a 45 day
evaluation if you wanted to check it out.

Hope that helps.
Bobby